As we are a long way from the local shop and 80 minutes from a big supermarket, you can either arrive fully stocked or feast on our organic foods – or a mixture of both. Just let us know in advance!
Avalon Wholefoods makes delicious one pot meals from home grown and organic ingredients, we also have home grown lamb, pork and beef for the barbie.
- Rich Lentil stew with fresh spinach, croutons and grated Grana Padano Cheese
- Chilli sans Carne (a spicy tomato and kidney bean dish to be served with rice)
- All of the garden vegetable soup with soup mix
- Pumpkin and Ginger soup served with 2 loaves of our freshly baked bread
- Putana pasta sauce – thick and rich tomato sauce with olives and a little chilli kick, to be served with pasta
- Leek and Potato soup – goodness from deep in the ground
- Pumpkin, basil and cashew nut stir fry – so tasty!
- Ratatouille – a hearty mix of onions, tomatoes, zucchini and eggplant (with or without garlic), to be served with organic couscous
- Home baked beans – all organic, thick, rich and full of goodness – the food America was built on! Serve with rice
- Minestrone. A hearty tomato soup with barley and pasta, served with 2 loaves of our freshly baked bread
- Bolognese sauce – home grown beef and tomatoes with onions, garlic, salt and pepper and a few secret ingredients – serve with pasta
- Goat stew – tender organic goat meat slow cooked in a mixed vegetable sauce – delicious!
- Borscht – a thick Russian winter soup made from beetroot and potatos and home grown & made veggie stock, served with thick sour cream
- Sweet Potato & Chilli soup – sweet and hot – perfect for winter nights and with freshly baked bread
- Gazpacho – for hot summer nights, a light, cold, garlicky soup made from freshly picked tomatoes, cucumbers and herbs
$20.00 per person
In addition we can supply:
- Organic sourdough breads $10.00 per loaf
- Home grown Honey $10.00 per jar
- Home made jams and chutneys $10.00 per 500ml jar (all sugar free, made with home harvested honey)
- Farm fresh organic and free range eggs $10.00 per dozen
- Farm fresh organic and free range duck eggs (when available – please request in advance) $8.00 per half dozen
- Selection of gorgeous cakes $25.00 each
- Celebratory Mead (home made from our own honey – very potent!) $20.00 a bottle
- Home made organic muesli $10.00 per kilo
- Home made Hommous with organic chick peas and tahini, $8.00 per 200ml
- Home made organic Yoghurt, $10.00 per kilo